How to Use a Ruler
Little hands and feet will sometimes get your little one into big trouble. But they can be useful too, especially when learning how to measure! Help your preschooler learn how to use a ruler and practice writing numbers at the same time with this fun activity.
What You Need:
- Pencil or marker
What You Do:
- Have your child place her bare foot in the middle of the sheet of paper.
- Use the pencil to trace around your child's foot. Try to get as close to her foot as possible.
- Once you're done tracing, take the sheet of paper and place it on a flat surface. You can stay on the floor if it's comfortable.
- Have your child take the ruler and measure how long her foot is.
- Once she has that measurement, have her measure how wide her foot is.
- Write both of the measurements down.
- Repeat the whole process with her hand, your hand, or any other small object she would like to measure!