The great Dr. Seuss once said, "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" Sometimes reading one of our favorite quotes is just what we need to feel inspired, motivated or encouraged. Help you child create a foam quote board that can hang in her room or near where she studies.
What You Do:
- Help your child choose an inspirational quote.
- Using the pencil and paper, have her practice writing the whole quote a few times so that it will look great on her quote board.
- Cut the dark colored foam into a large rectangle.
- Cut the light colored foam, which should be light enough to write on, into a smaller rectangle. If you want, curve the edges so that they are smooth.
- With the markers, have your child write her inspirational quote on the light colored foam using as many colors as she likes.
- Then, help her glue the smaller piece of foam onto the larger piece of foam.
- Have her glue the ends of the strip of ribbon to the back of the larger piece of foam.
Give the glue some time to dry and then help her choose a great place to hang up her new quote board!