Japanese New Year Game
Introduce your youngster to this Japanese version of Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Instead of just the tail, children must pin nose, eyes, ears and mouth onto a face! Be sure to photograph this modern art piece when the game is over. Perfect for a play date or New Year's party.
What You Need:
- Push pins or 3M mounting tape
- 2 large poster boards, any color
- Non-toxic markers
Warning: supervise young children with scissor use!
What You Do:
- Invite your child to draw a large oval shape on one of the poster boards, taking up the entire space.
- Draw facial features (eyes, nose, mouth and ears) on the other poster board. Make sure that they are the proper size to fit the "head" you've drawn on the first poster board.
- Have your child cut out the facial features.
- Mount the first poster board on the wall at child height with the tape or push pins.
- Help your child to put tape on the back of each feature.
- Hand the first child a feature.
- Blindfold him, and aim him toward the face.
- He should try to put the feature in its proper place.
- Repeat until everyone has had a turn.
For extra Fuku fun, blindfold each child before they get to see whether they are placing a nose, mouth or ear on the face!