Jobs A to Z
Your child will learn a whole alphabet of different jobs while she completes this brain-teaser chart just in time to celebrate Labor Day! She'll begin by creating an alphabet chart on a sheet of paper. Then, she'll figure out one job that starts with each letter of the alphabet. Finally, she'll draw some of the tool professionals working in those fields would use while working. By the end of this activity, she'll have come up with a wide range of different jobs that she might consider doing in the future.
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Scratch paper
What You Do:
- Help your child draw a chart with one line per letter in the alphabet (13 rows divided in half makes space for 26 letters).
- Have her write each letter in a different space on the chart.
- Encourage her to come up with a list of professions on scratch paper, one for each letter of the alphabet (for example, "A" = Astronaut, "O" = Oceanographer).
- When she has completed the list, have her neatly write the names of the different professions on the chart first in pencil, and then encourage her to trace over them with a marker.
- Once she's done writing out all the professions, see if she can come up with some of the different tools that these professionals use during their workdays.
- Have her draw the tools on the back of the paper.