Fudge Cookie Recipe
To be successful in school, kids need to learn how to follow directions. And that takes practice! This recipe is incredibly easy for even the youngest kids to follow. Plus, it makes a great gift when you’re looking to wrap up something sweet.
What You Need:
- 1 package devil’s food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Cookie sheet
- Plastic wrap
- Red and pink ribbon
- Red cellophane paper or paper treat bags
What You Do:
- Give your child an apron, lay out the ingredients, and get that mixing bowl ready. Grease a baking sheet and place nearby.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil in the large mixing bowl (disregard the instructions on the cake mix box). As your child is measuring the oil, talk about the different markings on the measuring cup. This is a great excuse to discuss half and whole.
- Once the ingredients are combined, add the chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Time for your child to get his hands dirty! Your mixture should be stiff. Show him how to shape the dough into small balls and place the balls 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool.
These cookies make a great gift, assuming you can resist the urge to eat them all immediately. For a cute presentation, place three cookies on a large piece of clear plastic wrap and wrap securely. Put the wrapped cookies on a piece of red cellophane paper, pull up the sides, and secure with a ribbon. Or place the wrapped cookies in a paper treat bag and have your child decorate the bag with stickers or markers!