Koosh Ball Painting
Want to give craft time a little pop and sizzle? Try this colorful painting craft that uses one of our favorite toys--a Koosh ball! With their hairy tentacles and squishy feel, they make the perfect medium for painting Fourth of July fireworks. Doing this messy activity outside on a summer day is half the fun. Then add some smoky glitter to give it some pizzazz.
What You Need:
- Koosh ball
- Poster paints
- White construction paper
- Glitter pen or paint
- Star stickers
What You Do:
- Head outside with your child and lay the white paper on the sidewalk.
- Invite your child to dip the Koosh ball into red or blue paint, making sure most of the tentacles are covered with paint.
- Now drop it down onto the paper, to create a firework shape. Experiment to see how it looks when you throw or roll it across the paper!
- Repeat this several times to make multiple fireworks.
- When the paint is completely dry, your child can enhance it with sparkling glitter paint.
- Finally, add adhesive stars to create a sky background.
Now you have an explosion of color!