Create a scented surprise for mom on Mother's Day! Make a pillowcase potpourri with dried lavender, perfect for a drawer sachet to keep clothes and linens smelling fresh, or for placing under a pillow to help mom sleep.
What You Need:
- Two 8” x 11” rectangles of lightweight cotton fabric
- Dressmaking pins
- Sewing needle
- Thread to match your fabric
- Toy or pillow stuffing
- Handful of dried lavender
- Fabric paint
- Fine tip paintbrushes
What You Do:
- Stack the fabric so the corners are even. Pin the top and side edges with dressmaking pins so they don’t move.
- Thread the needle and knot the end of the string. Sew around the three pinned edges of the pillow case using a running stitch. (Down and up with small, even spaces between each stitch). When you reach the end of the third side, knot the string to hold it in place.
- Fold the pillowcase inside out so the stitching cannot be seen.
- Stuff the pillow with toy stuffing or pillow stuffing.
- Add a handful of lavender to the inside of the pillow.
- Sew the bottom edge of the pillowcase shut.
- Using the fabric paint, decorate a delicate flower on the corner of the pillow using a fine paintbrush.
Share this beautiful pillow with mom or anyone who wants their clothing or linens to smell beautiful!