Make Leaf Banners to Hang in Your Home!
Capture a bit of fall and make a beautiful banner to display in your home. This is an easy art activity that will result in some stunning works of art! Invite the whole family to join in and make some festive leaf banners. Take a trip outside with your child and observe the fall surroundings while you collect fallen leaves and branches for this fun nature craft.
What You Need:
- Covered work area
- Natural colored cotton muslin cut into squares at least 6x6 inches (Note: Use pinking shears to prevent unraveling)
- Several large, well-formed fallen leaves
- Branches collected from outside
- Old toothbrushes
- Jar lids
- Red, yellow and brown non-toxic tempera paints (look for the AP (Approved Product) and CP (Certified Product) non-toxic seals on the labels)
- Tacks or a stapler
- Yarn, string or embroidery floss