Your child's painted handprint creates the beard of this adorable leprechaun. Add a hat, and a painted face, and your child will have a lucky leprechaun to bring a smile to everyone celebrating St. Patrick's Day!
What You Need:
- White watercolor paper
- Tempera paint
- Green and yellow construction paper
What You Do:
- Help your child paint their hand with orange paint, then press a handprint onto the top half of the watercolor paper. Allow this to dry.
- While the beard is drying, have your child draw and cut out a large top hat on black paper for her leprechaun.
- Have her draw and cut out a buckle from the yellow construction paper for the hat and adhere it in place.
- Flip the watercolor paper so the handprint has the fingers pointing toward the bottom of the paper.
- Have her glue her hat in place.
- She can then paint a circle for her leprechaun's face and add on a mouth and eyes.
- Encourage her to add on any other details she likes to complete her handprint leprechaun!