Measurement Conversion Game
Your child will become the master of quick conversions with this fun card game! Using a deck of cards, she'll test her knowledge of the metric system by converting numbers from centimeters to millimeters. This game is a great way to quickly improve her understanding of the concept of measurement while she practices her multiplication.
What You Need:
- Deck of cards with the face cards (jacks, queens, and kings) removed
- 2 or more players
What You Do:
- Have your child shuffle the cards and place the deck face down on the table. Tell her that for the purposes of this game aces = 1.
- Ask her to flip the first card face up and set it on the table.
- The player who can convert the card number from centimeters to millimeters first gets to keep the card. (For example: if the card is 6, everyone races to say "60 millimeters!" 6 cm x 10 = 60 mm.)
- Whoever wins the round gets to flip the next card over.
- Continue playing until the deck runs out.