Something about this letter A craft looks different in the moonlight, like it's opening wide for a midnight snack. Cut up some shapes and make this cute letter A alligator with your child, and she'll always remember this first letter of the alphabet! Can she think of any other animals that start with A?
What You Need:
- Large sheet of paper
- Construction paper in green and white
What You Do:
- Have your child measure and cut out three strips of green paper about a foot long and two inches wide.
- Now have her cut one of the strips in half.
- Glue two long strips and one of the shorter strips to the large sheet of paper, in the shape of an A. Turn the sheet to the side.
- Cut ten small triangles out of white paper, for teeth.
- Now she can glue the triangles to the inside of the legs of the A.
- With the remaining short strip of green paper, draw two bumps (or the letter B!) and cut this shape out.
- Glue this B shape above the point of the A, for the alligator's eyes.
- Now your child can cut out eyeballs, or draw them in with marker. She can get really creative and decorate the alligator with a bow, a hat or eyelashes!