This recycled box letter holder makes a great gift for parents, grandparents, or just about anyone in the family! Not only will it help organize the mail, but it also allows your child to really get creative. What's more, painting is a great way to develop kids' hand-eye coordination. Gather craft supplies from around the house, and invite him to get busy decorating. The sky’s the limit!
What You Need:
- Cardboard box
- Acrylic paint
- Paper plate
- Sheet of paper and an envelope
- Decorations (such as foamies, wooden shapes, sequins, stickers)
What You Do:
- Cut the box for your child with the knife, using the photo above as a guide.
- Pour some paint onto the paper plate. Have your child paint the inside and outside of the box. Let it dry.
- Ask your child to decide who he would like to make the letter holder for. Using a thin paintbrush, you can paint the recipient's name onto the letter holder.
- Encourage him to further decorate the letter holder with foamies, wooden shapes, sequins, or various stickers. If you bought a wooden shape, paint it and let it dry. Then, hot glue it to the box.
- Have him write a note to the person receiving this gift, put it in the envelope, and stick it into the letter holder!