Are you in need of a little extra luck? Try making a lucky amulet! People have been making and wearing amulets for hundreds of years, and now you can create your own amulet out of recycled materials and pasta shells.
What You Need:
- Recycled jar lid
- Acrylic jewels
- White glue
- Pasta shells
- Tempera paint
- Paint brushes
What You Do:
- Paint the pasta shells. Make sure you allow one side of the shells to dry before flipping them over and painting the other side. Set aside your painted shells to dry.
- Now paint your jar lid. Use colors that you like since this is your lucky amulet!
- Once the lid dries, glue on pasta shells, acrylic jewels and glitter to make the whole thing sparkle.
- Take your string and beginning threading it through your pasta shells. The string must be long enough to go over your head. After you have enough pasta shells threaded, tie the string.
- Tape the tied ends of the string to the back of your amulet.
- Put on your amulet. May it bring you good luck!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.