Give a modern twist to the classic painting and poem combo! Spice up a traditional watercolor painting project with magazine cutout letters that spell out your favorite poem.
What You Need:
- Recycled magazines
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolor paint
- Paint brushes
- Glue stick
- Black marker
- One poem
What You Do:
- Read through your poem and imagine a scene that would go well with it.
- Use watercolor paints to paint your scene on the watercolor paper. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Take your stack of recycled magazines and begn flipping through the pages. When you find letters in cool fonts and colors, cut them out.
- Decide if you will use the entire poem or just a portion of it. You will need enough letters to spell out every single word in the poem.
- Once you have all your letters cut out, arrange them on top of your painting before carefully gluing them down.
- Hang up your painting in your room or give it to a friend as a gift!