Shamrock Earrings Activity
Let these cute shamrock earrings bring the luck of the Irish to your child's ears! Beading them will give her fine motor skill practice, and she'll love the compliments she receives when she wears them. Even better: Searching for the supplies might result in an extra stroke of luck if she finds a four-leafed clover!
What You Need:
- 2 earring hoops – available at most craft stores
- Green beads
- Clear contact paper
- 2 green clovers – approximately the same size
- Small hole punch
What You Do:
- Have her cut four squares of contact paper, about 2”x2”. Peel the backing off of one piece and lay the clover onto it, pressing it flat.
- Invite her to peel the backing from the other piece of contact paper and stick it to the piece with the clover on it, sandwiching it between. Press down firmly and try to avoid any air bubbles.
- Ask her to repeat steps 1 and 2 with the other clover.
- Now, trim the excess contact paper around the clovers and punch a hole near the top.
- Using the green beads, encourage her to thread a few onto the earring wire, and then put one of the shamrock charms onto it.
- Add a few more beads onto the earring wire, then repeat for the second earring, and she's all done!