Make a Fiery Dragon
Got a rainy afternoon and an antsy kid? Here's a fun crafts activity that will have your child making his own pop-up card. Watch as this fiery dragon leaps off the page!
What You Need:
- Dragon Template A
- Dragon Template B
- Heavy card stock paper (available at office supply stores)
- Markers (optional)
What You Do:
- Print out Sheets A and B onto stiff paper.
- Cut out both Dragon pieces loosely from Sheet A, Pic 1.
- Carefully cut the pieces out on the solid printed lines. TIP: Always cut into the corners NOT around them, Pics 2 and 3. This makes it much easier. Do the same for both pieces.
- Fold all the tabs backwards leaving the broken lines visible so you can see where to fold.
- Fold the tabs back again as in Pics 5 and 6.
- Cut out and fold the background from Sheet B so that it matches Pic 7.
- Now slide the two Dragon halves together as shown in Pictures 8 and 9.
- Apply a little glue to the neck tab and glue behind the Dragon’s Head, Pictures 9 and 10.
- To attach the dragon to the background, put a small amount of glue on the gray printed area on the left side of the backround and press the dragon's foot onto it.
- To finish, close the Dragon halves together and put a little glue on the underside of the Dragon’s other foot tab.
- Carefully close the card and push down on the glued area.
Your Fiery Dragon is finished! Open the card and watch him rise up.