What You Need:
- 2 cups chopped mango
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Paring knife
What You Do:
- Help your child gather all the ingredients needed to make her cool and refreshing gazpacho. She can use the paring knife to carefully slice and cube the mango and then add it to the blender.
- Next, your young chef can peel and slice the cucumber and then measure ½ cup, also adding to the blender.
- She can also slice and chop the garlic and add along with the cucumber and mango.
- Now she can measure and add the rice wine vinegar, oil, water, and salt.
- It’s time to get blending! She can blend the ingredients together and add more water if she’d like her soup a bit thinner by adding another tablespoon or two of water.
- Now she can serve her summer soup to her family, topping with chopped cucumber or with a side of some tortilla chips!
Did You Know?
Gazpacho is a cold soup made from fresh ingredients. Its origins can be traced back to Andalusia, Spain, and has been enjoyed by eaters for many, many years!