This May Day, your child can make fun and exciting seed collage cards that can be sent in the mail or given to friends that will not only delight, but grow beautiful flowers in the garden! She’ll glue and sprinkle her way to a special card that has unique results!
What You Need:
- Sketch paper
- Construction paper
- Flower seeds
- Rubber letter stamps
- Stamp pad
What You Do:
- Invite your child to take a nature walk around the neighborhood and search for spring flowers, or take a visit to your local garden center to take a closer look at native flowers to your area. While there, your child can select a packet of seeds to use for creating her May Day seed cards.
- Now she can use a piece of sketch paper to create a design for her cards. She can create flowers, leaves, or any other design of her liking, encouraging her creativity!
- Offer your child a sheet of construction paper to use for creating her card. She can fold it to the size she’d like and use a scissors to cut as needed.
- Now she can use a glue bottle just like a pencil to create the design for her May Day card! She can gently squeeze out lines, using her sketch as needed for assistance.
- Invite your child to open the seed packet and begin sprinkling the seeds on the glue. She can even carefully position seeds to create extra drama and design, or even a pattern using different colors and shapes of seeds!
- Once she’s finished, offer your child a set of rubber letter stamps and a stamp pad to write “Happy May Day” on her card, encouraging her budding spelling skills!
- Now she can give her finished May Day cards to friends and family along with instructions to plant the card after enjoying it on May Day!