Nothing says party like a bright and bursting piñata! Create your own mini festive centerpiece with paper towel rolls and ribbons. Invite your friends and get ready for party!
What You Need:
- Paper towel rolls
- Multicolor tissue paper
- Goodies (candy, toys, etc.)
What You Do:
- Begin by cutting a small piece of tissue paper into a square with two inch sides. This will be the bottom of the piñata.
- Make a small hole in the center of the tissue paper.
- Carefully tape the piece of tissue to the bottom of the paper towel roll.
- Slide a piece of ribbon through the hole in the tissue paper. Gently tape the end of the ribbon to the inside of the roll.
- Decorate your piñata. Cover the entire paper towel roll with colored sheets of tissue paper. Carefully glue each new layer of tissue paper directly onto the roll. Fringe the edges of the tissue by making small one inch cuts along the bottom. Use your imagination. If you have glitter or stickers, consider adding them to your piñata to give your party piece a bit more personality.
- Place your piñata goodies into the top of the paper towel roll.Tape a length of ribbon to the top of the paper towel roll. Make sure you secure the ribbon on opposite sides of the roll for added stability.
- Hang up your piñata! If you're having friends over for a party, try making lots of mini piñatas and hang them all around your house.