There’s nothing scarier than losing your spot in a fantastic story! Construction paper, scissors, markers and glue are all your child needs to make these gruesomely whimsical monster bookmarks. They fit over the corner of the page, ensuring you’ll never miss a beat in your books. Whether he likes a scary, silly or friendly monster is up to him – the possibilities are endless!
What You Need:
- Construction paper
What You Do:
- Have your child cut a large square piece of construction paper.
- Fold it in half and crease one way, and then the other, to create four squares with your creases.
- Cut out one of the four small squares
- Now fold down the remaining three squares and glue one small square over the other. This is the base of the bookmark.
- Now it is time to decorate the bookmark. Have your child go wild with construction paper and markers to create a scary mouth, fangs, horns or hair.
- Let the glue dry completely before sticking the new bookmark into a book.