Are you ready for a graveyard smash? Catch the dance mash fever with this catchy and foot-tapping activity that's all about movement and Halloween fun!
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Black marker
- Hole punch
What You Do:
- Help your child draw circles on the construction paper that are at least nine inches wide.
- Encourage her to cut out each circle.
- Have her use the hole punch to make a hole in the top of each circle.
- Help her cut pieces of yarn that are each at least a foot and a half long.
- Thread one piece of yarn through each paper circle.
- Help her tie each yarn piece in a small knot.
- Brainstorm dance awards with your child. Consider awards for Best Stomp, Fastest Dancer, Spookiest Moves, Silly Tapper and Best Monster Impersonator!
- Help her use a marker to write out one award on each paper circle.
- Set the awards aside.
- Gather up your monster dancers. Remember, this isn't just a game for kids—no one's too old for a monster mash!
- Turn on the music.
- Encourage everyone to show off their best dance moves. The sillier, the better.
- While everyone is dancing, have your child start passing out the awards. Make sure everyone gets one!
- After the music ends, let your child officially announce the winner of each award.
- Play the music again! See if your child's friends and family members can win different awards this round.