Make Mummy Mug Party Favors
If you’re short on time but want to find a creative way to decorate your Halloween table, try this cute and spooky party favor mug with matching mummy napkin rings. These mugs take but a moment to make, but are sure to make a big impression on guests. Fill the mug with tricks like plastic spiders and treats like mini boxes of raisins and fruit leather, as well as homemade items such as mini muffins or trail mix.
What You Need:
- Muslin (an old white t-shirt will work, too)
- Medium sized wiggly eyes
- Cute coffee mugs with a Halloween motif
- Double-sided tape
- Treats to fill the mug
- 4 toilet paper rolls cut in half
- Small wiggly eyes
- 8 orange, black, or Halloween motif linen napkins
What You Do:
- Parents, cut the muslin into 4 1”x36” strips for the Mummy Mug.
- Show your child how to tack the wiggly eyes in place on the mug using a small piece of double-stick tape. The nice thing about using double-stick tape is that it won’t damage the coffee mug when your guests remove the muslin so they can use the mugs after the party.
- Next, demonstrate how to wrap the muslin strips around the mug until it is completely covered, allowing just the wiggly eyes to peek through.
- Make one for each guest to take home after the party.
- To make the coordinating Mummy Napkin Rings, simply tack the small pair of googly eyes onto each toilet paper roll half, then wrap a thin strip or two of muslin around them, just as you did with the mug.
- Carefully insert your linen napkins through the decorated rings and set them out on your table along with place settings and your Mummy Mugs.
- If you'd like to make sure the kids don't get into the treats in their Mummy Mugs before the party is over, wrap each one in cellophane and secure with ribbon. For a personal touch, write each person’s name on a small tag, punch a little hole at the corner, and slide it onto the ribbon before tying a bow.
Let the spooky fun begin!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.