What kid doesn't love a little bit of mystery? Kids paint an "invisible" picture that can only be revealed when covered with watercolor paints. Want to add some writing practice? Have kids practice their letters, or, if they're a bit older, they can extend this activity by writing secret messages to each other.
What You Need:
- Baking soda
- Cotton Ball, or cotton swabs
- White paper
- Watercolor set
- Measuring spoons
What You Do:
- Help your child measure out 4 tablespoons of baking soda and 4 tablespoons of water into a bowl and mix thoroughly to create your secret mixture!
- Set down a sheet of paper and allow your child to dip a cotton swab, or cotton ball into the mixture.
- Encourage him to paint his invisible picture or message onto the white paper. Allow the magical paint to dry completely.
- Have him use the watercolors to paint over the entire paper to reveal his secret painting!
Helpful Hint: Invisible messages make a great gift, if you give the recipient directions on how to reveal the secret message.