Fraction Board Game
Review fractions with this easy-to-make board game. Your kid will practice describing fractions out loud in order to roll the die and move ahead. Once you've mastered the board, create another! You'll be able to match the game with any ability level.
What You Need:
- One die
- A place marker for each player (a bean, coin, etc.)
- Piece of paper
- pen or marker
What You Do:
- Grab the pen and paper and create your game board. We chose to draw a series of interconnected cells with visual representions of a different fraction contained in each cell. Make sure to include and a finish line as part of the game. Check out our version in the picture!
- Each player should pick out a place marker and put it at the starting point on the game board.
- Players take turns rolling the die. The roll determines how many cells they get to move.
- Beginning in the second round, a player must say the fraction aloud shown inside their marker's space before they can roll.
- Only one marker may occupy a space. If two players land on the same space, the last one stays and the other player must return to start.
- The first player to reach the finish line wins!