Fraction Board Game
Review fractions with this easy-to-make board game. Your kid will practice describing fractions out loud in order to roll the die and move ahead. Once you've mastered the board, create another! You'll be able to match the game with any ability level.
What You Need:
- One die
- A place marker for each player (a bean, coin, etc.)
- Piece of paper
- Pen or marker
- Ruler (optional)
What You Do:
- Create your game board. We chose to create a printout featuring series of interconnected cells with visual representions of a different fraction contained in each cell (see picture). However, it's pretty easy to draw a game board using a pen and ruler. Make sure to include a finish line as part of your game board.
- Each player should pick out a place marker and put it at the starting point on the game board.
- Players take turns rolling the die. Each player's roll determines how many cells he gets to move.
- Beginning in the second round, a player must say the fraction aloud shown inside his marker's space before he can roll.
- Only one marker may occupy a space. The player who landed there first stays and the other player must return to the start.
- The first player to reach the finish line wins!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.