Put away the flash cards, and practice math facts in a whole new way! This board game is a great way to study. Encourage your child to work out problems instead of just guessing, and he will have greater success! You can have a whole new game every day, if you'd like!
What You Do:
- Grab the paper and pen and create your game board. You can arrange your board however you like. We drew a series of interconnected cells that contain simple addition and subtraction problems, but if your little math whiz is up for the challenge, you can include multiplication and division too. Be sure to include a start and a finish as part of your board.
- Players each select a place marker and put it at the starting point on the game board.
- Players should take turns rolling the die. The roll determines how many cells get a player get to move on a given turn.
- Once a player moves to the correct cell, in order to stay there he must successfully solve the problem contained within the cell. If the player answers incorrectly, he must return to the cell he occupied previously.
- The first player reach the finish line wins!
Note: It's perfectly okay for two players to occupy the same space.