Nature Silhouette Activity
Make a beautiful nature silhouette to remember a family walk in the park or a camping trip with friends. Using just a small cutting from a tree and a few arts and craft supplies, your third grader can make a silhouette card keepsake that she can keep or give away as a gift.
What You Need:
- Tree cutting
- Photocopy of the tree cutting
- Glue stick
- Black construction paper
- White construction paper
What You Do:
- Fold your black sheet of construction paper in half to make a card.
- Carefully cut out the sprig from the photocopy, following the outline as closely as you can.
- Position the sprig silhouette as you like on the front of the card, and glue it in place.
- Fold a piece of white construction paper in half.
- Make a line measurement that is 1 inch from the edge of the paper on all four sides.
- Cut on the line to create a liner for your card that is slightly smaller than the black construction paper.
- Glue the white construction paper centered in the inside of the black construction paper.
- Write a favorite poem or quote inside your silhouette card. Display it in your room or give it to someone you love!