Breakfast Snacks Activity
Need a creative breakfast for your little one? Make them an adorable nest! Shape and bake shredded wheat in a muffin tin, and fill it with egg and cheese. This is a great breakfast, or an alternative to lunch! The recipe takes about one-hour to make and serves 6 people.
What You Need:
- 3 shredded wheat biscuits
- 1/3 cup coconut (Shredded)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Oven, preheated to 350 degrees F
- Muffin tin
- Mixing bowl
What You Do:
- Use foil to line muffin cups, allowing some to hang over each cup for easy removal.
- In the mixing bowl, crumble the shredded wheat. Add the shredded coconut and melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Use your fingers to press the wheat mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the muffin cups. This is a great time to involve your little helper!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the wheat nests are light brown and crispy. Keep the oven hot. Allow the nests to cool for 15 minutes.
- While the nests cool, clean the mixing bowl. Whisk 3 eggs in the bowl, adding in the salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Spoon the eggs in 1/3 cupfuls into the nests. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.