Race to create the greatest number that you can in this fun addition and decimal card game! Your child will be cheering for 8s and 9s as she tries to create a larger number than her competitors. Players take turns drawing one card at a time and placing it on their handmade game boards, adding up the sums as quick as they can. Whoever ends up with the largest number wins!
What You Do:
- Give each player a sheet of construction paper.
- Hand each player a playing card to trace 6 times on a sheet of construction paper. In between each traced rectangle, ask them to write a "+" symbol. After the 6th card, write a "=" symbol. After the third traced rectangle, tell players to put a decimal point.
- Announce that aces = 1 and jokers, if you have them = 0.
- Players should take turns choosing one playing card at a time and placing it on an open spot on his game board. Once it has been put in a position, it can't be moved.
- Once the game boards are full, have the players add up their numbers. Make sure they include decimal points!
- Have players write down their scores for that round.
- Continue playing until the cards run out or shuffle them and keep playing until you’ve had your fill.
- Whoever ends up with the largest score wins!
Variation: Remove the decimal point and multiply the numbers for great multiplication practice!