Number Leap Frog
This leap frog game is the perfect way to exercise growing muscle and will also help your child learn her numbers. Balance and coordination will also be put to the test as she makes her way from number to number.
What You Need:
- 20 sheets of varying color of construction paper
- 1 black marker
What You Do:
- Help your child set out the sheets of construction paper on a flat surface.
- Then, using the black marker, let your child draw a number on each card (the numbers 1-20, one per card).
- Next, help her place the cards on the ground in a line, about a foot apart. You could do variations such as placing the cards counting up, counting down, even numbers, or odd numbers.
- To play the game, your child should stand at one end of the number line.
- Call out, “HOP.”
- Encourage your child to hop onto the nearest lily pad and call out the number.
- She wins when she makes it to the end of the line, having successfully called out all of the numbers.
Number Leap Frog is a great wath to build a strong math foundation for future learning. Not to mention it's a silly and fun way to get lots of exercise and keep those minds and bodies active!