Octopi aren't the most cute or cuddly creatures, but they deserve love too! Let your child share her love on the legs of a paper octopus.
What You Do:
- Draw a octopus head for your child and help her cut it out
- Draw a face on the octopus using the markers. It can be realistic or more like a cartoon, whatever she wants.
- Have her use the pencil to draw 8 octopus legs.
- Help her cut out the 8 legs.
- Glue the legs to the back of the octopus's head.
- Have your child draw 8 hearts on red paper.
- Assist her in cutting out the hearts.
- Ask your child to thing of a few different people and things that she love. Lightly write out her responses, one in each heart. Let your child trace over your writing with a marker.
- Help her glue one heart to each leg.
You can post this octopus of love on the refrigerator or display it prominently in your child's room as a reminder of everything she loves about life!