Everyone loves making a mess with paint. The project presents a tactile way to paint using water beads! The result will be a beautiful, expressionistic work of art.
What You Need:
- Water beads (pre-soaked overnight and strained)
- Tempera paint
- White paper
- Paper plate
What You Do:
- Cover the table and the floor with newspaper. Pour different colors of tempera paint onto paper plates.
- Dip a ball into one of the paint color and show your child different ways of how he can apply the paint to the paper. Try rolling it, shooting it like a marble, and bouncing it like a ball.
- Encourage him to start by dipping one ball at a time into the paint and try his hand at applying paint from the ball to the paper.
- Have him change up his colors with each ball and paint until most of the white paper is covered.
- If he seems to have control over his ball painting, see what happens if he paints with 2, or even 3 balls at the same time!
- Allow the paintings to dry completely before hanging them.