Looking for a dazzling and unique art project? Here's one you've probably never done before. It's a new twist on painting that will add a little sparkle to any art project. Use a few kitchen ingredients to create a paint paste that glitters when dry and is easy to use. This nifty paint works well for school posters, but it's also great for making funky pieces of art to hang on the wall!
What You Need:
- Tempera paint
- Measuring cup
- Mixing bowls
- Flour (White, all-purpose)
- Poster board
- Plastic squeeze bottles
What You Do:
- Have your child mix together equal amounts of flour, water and salt in a bowl to create a paint-like consistency.
- He can now pour equal amounts of this mixture into several bowls. Each bowl should contain a different color of paint.
- Encourage him to add a different color tempera paint to each bowl and mix it thoroughly.
- Help him pour each color into its own squeeze bottle, making sure the nozzles are replaced securely.
- He can now create his very own dough paint designs on the poster board, creating any picture he likes!
- After painting, have him set his poster aside to dry completely. Then, hang it up to share with friends and family!