Hand Painted Glassware
Looking for a unique giveaway or craft for your child's next Valentine's Day, birthday, or slumber party? Hand-painted drinking glasses make memorable, personal, and lasting gifts. Encourage your child to express her personality and artistic sensibility by painting her very own stemware.
What You Need:
- Inexpensive wine glass or champagne flute
- Enamel glass paints in various colors
- Paint brushes
What You Do:
- Wash and dry the glass well.
- Invite your child to decorate the glass any way that inspires her. For Valentine’s Day, try embellishing it with images of hearts, swirls, Cupids, kisses, roses, cherubs vines, or anything else your child can think of.
- Let the paint dry for an hour, then bake the glass according to the instructions on the paint bottle. This helps set the paint so the glass can be washed without the colors washing away.
- Once the glass is finished baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- If you are doing this as a slumber party or birthday party activity, then once the stemware is baked and cooled, wrap them in bubble wrap or newspaper to keep them safe when the kids take them home.