Paper Bag Reindeer
Paper bag reindeer are perfect for handing out holiday goodies in style. Hand out holiday goodies in style with this adorable reindeer bag! Full of holiday cheer—and great opportunities for your child to practice drawing and cutting shapes—this appealing paper bag reindeer is a fun way to chase away the winter blues. Make a paper bag reindeer with your child this Christmas season.
What You Need:
- Brown paper bag
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Brown felt
- White felt
- Black felt
What You Do:
- Have your child draw a large oval on the brown felt to create your reindeer's nose.
- Let him use scissors to cut the felt nose.
- Have him fold a sheet of white felt in half.
- Help him draw a long vertical oval on the white felt. Make sure one long side of the oval runs along the felt's fold.
- Have him use scissors to cut the shape out while the felt is folded. He should now have two reindeer eyes!
- Let him repeat this fold and cut process ith the black felt. This time the ovals should be slightly smaller to create the dark center for each reindeer eye.
- Time to assemble the reindeer! Have your child glue the white ovals on the paper bag.
- Have him glue each black oval on top of the white ovals.
- Then help him glue the brown felt oval on top of the bottom of the black ovals. This should hide the edges of the white felt, creating the illusion of eyes.
- Finally, have him glue the red pom for a fluffy reindeer nose.
- Who does your child want to gift his paper bag reindeer to? Help him fill the bag with his recipient's favorite candy.
- Show him how to fold the top of the paper bag. Make sure the bag is not folded too far into the reindeer's face.
- Help him center a brown pipe cleaner under the paper fold so that part of the cleaner sticks out on either side of the reindeer's head.
- Staple the fold and the pipe cleaner into place.
- Have your child cut another brown pipe cleaner in half.
- Let him twist each pipe cleaner half onto either end of the first pipe cleaner to create reindeer antlers.
- Your child is now ready to deliver his delightful holiday gift bag!