Your child can celebrate St. Patrick's Day by creating this textured clover made by applying tissue paper to a paper base with glue. It's fun to touch and even more enjoyable to look at!
What You Need:
- Tissue paper, pre-cut into 1" squares (dark and light green, white)
- Glue stick
- White construction paper
What You Do:
- Have your child draw a giant clover on the white sheet of construction paper. Encourage him to draw it as large as he can to fill the paper.
- He can apply glue inside a small portion of the clover. Working in small sections will make sure your glue doesn't dry before you use it.
- Place a tissue square on top of the glue and have him press the eraser part of a pencil into the center of the tissue and twist and gather the tissue paper up around the bottom of the pencil.
- Press down from a moment to make sure the twisted tissue piece will stick on its own. Gently release the pencil and the tissue will stay in place.
- Have him apply tissue paper until the entire clover is filled.
Helpful Tip: Encourage your child to use different shades of tissue paper and to create patterns with the colors he's using.