Your child can celebrate St. Patrick's Day by creating this textured clover that makes a great decoration. It's fun to touch and even more enjoyable to look at!
What You Do:
- Have your child draw a giant clover on the white sheet of construction paper. Encourage him to draw it as large as he can to fill the paper.
- Now have him apply glue inside a small portion of the clover. Working in small sections will help ensure your glue doesn't dry before you use it.
- Place a tissue square on top of the glue and have your kid press the eraser end of a pencil into the center of the tissue. Twist and gather the tissue paper up around the bottom of the pencil.
- Press down from a moment to make sure the twisted tissue piece will stick on its own. Gently release the pencil and the tissue will stay in place.
- Your kid should apply tissue paper until the entire clover is filled.
Helpful Tip: Encourage your child to use different shades of tissue paper and to create patterns with the colors he's using.