Does your child have what it takes to be the world's first paper chef? Let her get inspired by yummy cuisine -- and nifty art -- as she explores the almost limitless world of paper food recreation. Bon appetit!
What You Need:
- Paper plate
- Colored construction paper
- Black pen
- Glue stick
What You Do:
- Sit down for a delicious brainstorming session with your child. Talk about each of your favorite foods and make sure she writes down each item in her notebook.
- Discuss methods of transferring each food item to a paper representation. Take a look online at simple images of food to get an idea of perspective and angles.
- Have her begin drawing her favorite foods on the appropriate colored construction paper. Encourage her to use lots of different colors -- real food is colorful, so her paper food should be too!
- Let her use scissors to cut out all of the food shapes.
- Help her use a black pen to draw in details on each food item.
- Challenge her to practice arranging the food items in the most visually appealing combinations.
- Have her finish by gluing the food items on the plate. Mmmm! Does her creation look tasty enough to eat?