A heart wreath is a pretty and festive Valentine's Day decoration. Wreaths aren't just for the holidays! Add some Valentine cheer to your house with this heart wreath project. Bursting with hearts, this craft is fun to make and even more fun to display. Make a heart wreath with your child this Valentine's Day.
What You Need:
- Various textured and colored papers
What You Do:
- Have your child draw a large heart on a sheet of paper.
- Let her use scissors to cut out the heart.
- Show her how to use a pencil to trace this heart five or six times on other sheets of paper.
- Have her cut out all of the traced hearts.
- Help her arrange the hearts in a circle to create the base for her paper wreath.
- Carefully, have her flip the hearts upside down in the same configuration.
- Help your child tape the hearts together.
- Flip the entire wreath over so that the taped side isn't visible.
- Now it's time for her to decorate her heart wreath with -- you guessed it -- more hearts! Help her cut out lots of hearts. The sizes don't matter as long as no heart is bigger than the hearts used for the wreath's base. Encourage her to use different colors and paper textures for each of her hearts.
- Once she has a pile of hearts, have her experiment with arranging them on the wreath.
- Help her glue each heart down in the arrangement she likes best.
- Let her tape a loop of yarn to the back of her wreath to facilitate hanging.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.