If you want to enjoy the icy look of winter from inside your house while clothed in pajamas, try this fun and simple icicle project with your child. Complete with the drippy, glittery shapes that make icicles so popular, this paper project can be hung everywhere from door frames to tabletops.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Before getting started, have your kid lay down a thick layer of newspaper over her workspace.
- Let her pour a thick line of glue across the top of the paper.
- Help her lift the paper and stand it vertically over the newspaper.
- Watch as the glue drips down like icicles. Have your child lay the paper flat as soon as her glue icicles reach the desired length.
- Let her sprinkle on the glitter so that it completely covers all the glue.
- Tell her to shake the excess glitter on to the newspaper.
- Set the paper aside to dry.
- When the glue has hardened, have your child use scissors to cut around the glitter icicles.
- Let her tape her new strip of icicles anywhere she feels need an added injection of chilly charm!