Paper Plate Tambourine
Is your little one over-flowing with holiday cheer? Help her harness some of her festive spirit with a paper plate craft that doubles as a musical instrument!
What You Need:
- Paper plate
- Hole punch
- Thin ribbon
- Small bells
- Tempera paint
- Paint brush
What You Do:
- Have your child paint the entire paper paint in festive holiday colors. While any color could be considered "festive," red and green will naturally be the most recognizable.
- Help her use a hole punch to make eight holes spaced equally around the outer rim of the paper plate.
- Let her use scissors to cut her ribbon into eight strips, each about three inches long.
- Show her how to run one ribbon through each of her eight bells.
- Help her tie each ribbon and bell to a hole on the paper plate.
- Once all eight bells are attached, she's ready to shake her holiday paper plate tambourine!