Jazz up your holiday greetings with a textured and charming paper poinsettia! Your child will practice tearing and arranging paper to make this Christmas creation before scribbling a note in the card to gift to a a special loved one.
What You Need:
- Green construction paper
- Red tissue paper
- Gold sequins
- Silver sequins
What You Do:
- Have your child fold the green construction paper in half.
- Help him use a pencil to draw the outline of a poinsettia. If he's not sure what the flower looks like, print out this Poinsettia Coloring Page to help create his own.
- Let him pour a thin puddle of glue in the center of his penciled poinsettia.
- Have him drop his gold and silver sequins over the glue puddle.
- Next, help your child tear "petal" strips from the red tissue paper.
- Let him glue the torn paper strips onto the paper so that the strips fill each penciled petal outline.
- For the finishing touch, have your child use a nice marker to write a personal holiday greeting to the card's recipient.