This paper purse is a fashionable gift for Mother's Day, or a birthday. Covered in patterns and reflective texture, it's sure to stand out! The purse can be created as a patterned collage, or write a message under the flap to turn it into a greeting card.
What You Need:
- Construction paper, 1 sheet
- Bag of mixed spangle confetti, or sequins
- Bag of mixed small buttons, various sizes
- Button for closure
What You Do:
- Help your child draw the outline shape of a purse with a handle as large as it can be drawn on a vertical sheet of construction paper.
- Carefully have her cut out the outer shape of the purse.
- Help her cut out the inner rainbow shape under the handle, keeping it attached at the top of the purse. Fold it to make a flap for the card.
- Lay out a handful of confetti and buttons. Have your child create patterns and textures by picking out different items to spread out over the entire purse.
- When she's happy with what she sees, have her glue them in place.
- She can glue the closure button at the bottom of the flap.
- Finally, she can lift the flap of the paper purse to write a message for someone she loves, or glue the flap down to keep it in place.