Long, hot days of summer dragging your kids down? Cool off with a cloudy sky parfait that looks just as good as it tastes!
What You Need:
- 2 cups of whipped cream
- 2 packages blue gelatin dessert
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups of ice
- Parfait or other clear glasses
What You Do:
- Begin with the whipped cream, your “clouds”, for this yummy treat. Whip it into stiff peaks by beating the cream on high speed and slowly adding your ¼ cup of sugar. Make sure it holds its shape well before storing it in the fridge.
- To make the “blue sky”, simply follow the directions for making the gelatin by adding 2 cups of boiling water to your 2 packages of powdered gelatin. Once the powder dissolves, add the two cups of ice—this will cause your gelatin to set quickly.
- Stir the ice until the gelatin thickens and you’re left with gelatin that’s not fully set, but solidified enough that you can scoop it without it running.
- Spoon alternate layers of gelatin and whipped cream into your parfait glass. To make clouds, press a spoonful of whipped cream against the side of the glass, being careful not to smear it. Keep adding layers until you reach the top and you’ll have a yummy concoction sure to cool you off on those hot summer days!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.