Who says a party can't be productive? Next time your home is host to a hoard of giggling children, put those creative fingers to use with a party scrapbook! The birthday kid will get a wonderful keepsake -- one that may even inspire a fun and meaningful tradition among her group of friends.
What You Need:
- Scrapbooking paper
- Glue stick
- Party guests
What You Do:
- Start by creating the scrapbook station. Clear off a large table and set the scrapbook pages on it.
- Arrange the glue sticks, stickers, markers and photographs around the scrapbook. If you have some other awesome decorations at home, be sure to include them. Stencils, ticket stubs and fabric scraps make a fun addition -- be unique!
- Gather the party together and introduce the party scrapbook. It's a simple concept: party guests will be making a special scrapbook for the birthday kid. Each guest will make at least one page.
- Sit the kids down at the scrapbook station.
- Put on some music and let the kids start creating their page.
- Oversee the process a bit. Make sure no child is hogging all the pictures or all the best stickers.
- Once everyone is done, assemble all of the pages in the scrapbook.
- As the party winds down, show all the guests the book they created. Even though the book now belongs to the birthday kid, encourage the friends to continue to make party scrapbooks for all their birthdays!