This messy abstract art project is perfect for pasta lovers. Kids feel like they’re playing with dinner, while they explore different shapes of pasta while making a mirror image print with tomato sauce. This activity will be your new favorite way to use up leftover spaghetti!
What You Do:
- Prepare a work station by laying out newspaper, a bowl of cooked and cooled pasta and a bowl of tomato sauce for your child to work with.
- Have your child to fold the piece of paper in half, and then open it back up again. Now you'll have a fold down the center
- Have him pick up a noodle and dip it completely into the sauce, then place it in a curlicue or interesting shape on one half of the paper.
- Continue adding pasta to that half of the paper, and talk about the different shapes and kinds of pasta your child is using.
- When your child is finished, fold over the other half of the paper and press down.
- Open it back up and remove the pasta, and their pasta mirror image painting is revealed! Can your child find any pictures in the design?
The best part about abstract art is that everyone sees something different!