Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Your child only needs a handful of ingredients to create these wonderfully flavorful cookies, perfect for an after school treat.
What You Need:
- 1 c peanut butter
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ c sugar
- ¼ c flour
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Sheet pan
What You Do:
- Invite your child to measure and add the peanut butter, oil, sugar, and flour to a mixing bowl and also carefully crack and add the egg. Now she can mix everything together using a mixing spoon.
- Now your child can set the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and get out a sheet pan, which she can grease with a light coating of vegetable oil.
- It’s as easy as rolling the dough! She can create small golf-ball sized rounds and then place them on the sheet pan for the peanut butter base of the cookies. Rolling encourages the development of all those small muscles of her hands, too!
- Now she can press her thumb into each of the tops of the balls, creating the perfect spot to put a drop of jelly!
- Offer your child a spoon to scoop a small teaspoon amount of jelly into each of the cookies, and then they can be placed in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the finished cookies and let rest for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Did You Know:
George Washington Carver invented peanut butter in the late 1800s? He also discovered hundreds of other uses for peanuts, too!