Young chefs can easily make this simple soup, perfect for a brisk fall day. Along with being very flavorful, it makes a perfect pre-dinner appetizer or lunch!
What You Do:
- Invite your child to gather together the ingredients for making this flavorful soup. She can carefully dice the garlic and green onion with the paring knife and place them in the medium stockpot over low heat along with the oil.
- Now she can add the frozen peas and stir with a spatula. She can let things cook for about 5 minutes.
- Next she can add the pea mixture to the blender along with 2-cups of the stock. Invite her to pulse until it forms a thick paste.
- Now she can return the pea mixture to the stockpot along with the rest of the stock. She can stir the soup together and then bring to a simmer.
- Invite your child to taste test the soup and add salt and pepper as needed. Then she can let the soup simmer for 20 minutes more.
Now your child can ladle the soup into bowls and invite the family to dig in!
Sarah Lipoff has a K-12 Art Education degree and enjoys working with kids of all ages.