Peanut Butter Dessert
Celebrate the gooey goodness of peanut butter with a yummy treat your young chef can whip together himself. Whether it's for a special birthday treat or an after-dinner surprise, these bite-sized desserts are sure to be a hit with the entire family.
What You Need:
- Food processor
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 18 peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Waxed paper
- Cookie sheet
- Microwave safe bowl
- Bamboo skewer
What You Do:
- Have your child count 18 peanut butter sandwich cookies into the bowl of the food processor. Pulse several times to break cookies up. They don’t have to be crumbs but you don’t want any whole cookies either.
- Take off the lid and drop 4 oz of cream cheese into food processor.
- Cover and turn food processor on. It will take some time before the cream cheese is incorporated into the cookie crumbs.
- When evenly mixed, turn food processor off.
- Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Give your young chef a spoon and have him make 1-inch balls out of the cookie and cream cheese mixture. As he makes the balls, have him place them on the cookie sheet.
- Freeze cookie balls for 30 minutes.
- After the cookie balls are chilled, have your child pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat until chips have just melted.
- Stick a bamboo skewer into the side of the cookie ball. Dip ball into melted chocolate. Return to cookie sheet. Repeat until all cookie balls are coated in chocolate.
- Return to freezer until chocolate sets.
- Share with family and friends!
- You can try different flavor combinations as long as the filling is composed of sandwich cookies and cream cheese and the coating is chocolate chips or meltable candy.