Blend homework time with playtime by introducing a cast of colorful characters to the top of your child's pens and pencils. Using simple craft supplies, he'll get to create goofy buddies to help him study and prepare for his next class.
What You Need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Foam sheets
- Googly eyes
- Craft glue
What You Do:
- Have your child child drraw the outline of a creature on his foam sheet. It can be a real animal or a creation straight out of his own imagination!
- Help him use scissors to carefully cut the creature out of the foam.
- Let him attach googly eyes to the creature with craft glue.
- Set aside the foam creature to dry.
- Carefully help him use more craft glue to stick the creature onto his pen or pencil.
- Allow time for the glue to dry again.
- Have your child use pipe cleaners to wrap the pen. If he wants to get creative, he can add the pipe cleaners as his creature's tail or flowing mane.
- What other art supplies can he use to make his pen topper come to life? Encourage him to use his own creativity to add on more details.
- When he's done with one pencil, make sure he makes at least a couple of more pen creatures so his first topper will have a few friends!