Your child is probably used to drawing or painting on paper. But, what happens if she were to have to create an image out of paper with no paint, markers or crayons? What if she only had paper, glue and tape? This unique project will help your child learn the basics of assemblage and she'll create a perfectly festive pumpkin in the process. Before you know it she'll be "drawing" with paper.
What You Need:
• Construction paper, (orange, green and black) • Scissors • Tape • Glue • Pencil • Ruler
What You Do:
- Ask your child to use a ruler to outline 14 strips, each 1.5" wide, on the orange construction paper.
- Have her cut the strips out, making sure that each strip is as straight as possible.
- Have her cut out one more strip of green paper.
- Ask her to bend them to create loops and then tape them in place.
- Encourage her to assemble the orange loops into the shape of a pumpkin on top of a sheet of black paper. When she's happy with the arrangement, she can carefully glue the edges and set them in place.
- Let her glue the final green loop in place to give the pumpkin a leaf.
Pick out a great place to display your pumpkin art!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.