Help your child add her own silly charm to a pair of traditional chopsticks with just a handful of paper and sequins. When she's finished, she'll have a gorgeous utensil that will literally stick out in the crowd!
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Glue stick
What You Do:
- Have your child cut a sheet of construction paper in half.
- Help her layer one half on top of the other.
- Show her how to fold the stacked construction papers in half.
- Help her draw half of a banner from the folded side of the sheet. (This will unfold to open into a full banner) Make sure her banner is long enough to write her name on it.
- Have her cut the banner out.
- Unfold the paper to reveal the two identical banners.
- Let her write her name on each side
- Help your child wrap one banner at the top of each chopstick.
- Have her glue the paper banners to the chopsticks.
- Let her decorate her paper banners with markers.
- Help her glue sequins around her drawings to give some added sparkle.